Българският форум за музиканти

Flex Cables For Cioks Big John

Good afternoon,

First of all, sorry for the post to be in English. I think it's better that than an automatic translation. I don't know if that's against the rules because, oh well, I can't really read the rules. :offtopic-001:

But straight to the point:

I am assembling my Pedalboard again with a few more pedals than I had before.

Thing is, I needed to buy some more Flex Cables for my Cioks/Carl Martin Big John, which is impossible here.

Does anyone know if I can order them from someone here in Sofia? Does someone do this kind of small thing?

What I need is something like this:

http://cioks.com/index.php?option=com_cont...9&Itemid=35

1_small.png

But instead of 2 connections, I needed with 4 outputs.

Plus, I would need four of these cables.

If anyone knows any information on this, please let me know. My skype is migazevedo.

Thank you all so much in advance,

Miguel.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Anybody that can solder and knows anything about power supplies can assemble such cable for you - lots of people on this forum too (me including). From what I saw on the manufacturer's site I think that one side of the cable is a simple RCA (also known as CINCH) type connector, usually used in audio/video signal application, and the other end(s) - typical power supply connectors. There are the following problems though:

1. Getting quality connectors - most connectors that can be picked up from any Bulgarian electronics shop are the most "el-cheapo", low-quality ones possible. That means after 20 cycles of plugging/unplugging they are prone to become loose or totally break/disassemble, risk of shorting your power supply outputs included. Since the supply you are using claims to have shorting protection the latter issue might not be that serious, but the not working pedal will be an unpleasant experience.

2. It would be rather difficult to stick 4 pairs of wires in the body of the RCA connector. 4 are probably OK, but I think 8 will not fit. This is not that much of a problem though, cause they can be connected out of the connector body.

3. As far as I could see your supply is rated at a maximum of 600 mA of current and you want 4 cables with 4 outputs each. Having 7 outputs on the unit that means 4x4 + 3 = 19 outputs. Are you sure that the total current draw of all the 19 pedals you want to supply with this unit is less than 600 mA?

Best Regards,

Marin

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

http://www.pro-technica.com/read.php?cCat=102

There are some shops for music equipment. But the site has only Bulgarian version.

бул. "Патриарх Евтимий" № 98

http://www.bgmaps.com/map.aspx?sid=1d0c6d0...3c45e&tip=1 - this shop / Dynacord/ is in the centre of Sofia.

Vlad

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове