Българският форум за музиканти

Маркъс Милър с нов signature бас

yordaniy

Всемирно известният сред басистите Маркъс Милър има нов signature бас, като цената е достъпна, а качеството - високо, както самият Маркъс казва:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPvH9t68sE

Инструментът е произведен от неизвестната (поне за мен) компания Sire в Индонезия. Моделът се нарича V7; наличен е в 4- и 5-струнен вариант; електрониката е по спецификации на Маркъс; тялото е от елша (alder) или блатен ясен (swamp ash), грифът е изцяло клен или клен + палисандър; има различни цветови/finish варианти; формата е базирана на Fender Marcus Miller signature jazz bass:

http://marcusmillerbysire.com/marcusmiller/page/marcus_v7.html

А ето и още звукови семпли:

http://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/sire-marcus-miller-v7-4-saiter-bass-test.html (вдясно, секцията AUDIOBEISPIELE)

Доколкото успях да видя, басът е наличен във www.thomann.de; от официалния сайт на производителя го купуват като топъл хляб...  :hooray:

Лично на мен ми изглежда и звучи (поне на семплите) като доста, ама ДОСТА читав инструмент, но би ми било интересно да чуя вашите коментари?  :yes:

Редактирано от yordaniy
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Линкът към ревюто е доста полезен, благодаря.

Откакто се появи на NAMM го обсъждам с приятели басисти и май любопитните да го пипнем сме доста. Моят интерес е към 5 струнната версия. За момента леко ме притесняват честотите еквилайзера на активната електроника (спрямо това, което знам че харесвам и което пасва на стила ми на свирене), но ще видим как е на живо - описанията някой път заблуждават, тъй като не дават информация за кривата на усилване. 

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Колега от един форум е превел от немски ревюто,ето го и него самото:

Behind the Sire Marcus Miller Bass V7 is a very special philosophy, if you believe its creators. In this country should so far few have heard of a manufacturer named sire. If the invoice is the luthier from Korea, then should this change in the near future, for his ambitious goal is to offer instruments with professional standards at incredibly low prices. In principle a good idea, but a marketing statement that is heard from quite a few manufacturers. But according Sire is behind a completely different approach. As they say, you want to profit, to throw off the instruments in mass production, back to society and make them affordable, especially for children and young people. In Cambodia and Laos has been established according to the homepage schools. Whether the plan will work in the long term remains to be seen, because you have enough bass buy the bass and make such a large-scale production possible. Sire has now been relocated for his "revolution" the company headquarters to USA and Indonesia established a factory that builds only their own instruments. The foundation is thus laid, now the world just needs to pay attention to the brand.

But this is already taken care of, because none other than Marcus Miller is the flagship project for the new bass collection. The bass superstar worked with the Sire people in the run for two years in detail in the bass until they finally met his sound and quality ideas and were worthy to bear his signature on the headstock. Sire offers two fundamentally different Marcus Miller models - the M3 series, a modern four string bass guitar with mahogany body and humbucking pickups, and the V7 series, a typical jazz bass that and as four- and five-string in the classic wood combination Ash / Maple alder / rosewood is available. For our first Sire test we chose the Marcus Miller typical V7 4-String with ash body and maple neck and -griffbrett in nature.

Details

After I gathered some information of Sire website and the German sales, Thomann, had told me the price, I was really looking forward to my first Marcus Miller test candidates. The bass namely cost, depending on the model, only between 349, - € and 429, - EUR and will rank in the top budget class, such as various Squier models. However, they are qualitatively and sound-wise compete with loud bass Sire, easy threefold be due for. Visually, our test bass keeps the grandiose statements was quite and I'm really impressed by the elegant and quite high-quality acting Jazz bass I peel out of the box. His body has a Jazz Bass typical asymmetric shape and is made of relatively light swamp ash. Our specimen is in nature and is coated with a transparent polyester. Available V7 is also in white, black and sunburst, with the classic look is completed by a stylish pickguard in "Ivory Pearl" that really goes well with the white pearl block inlays of the fingerboard.

Speaking Fingerboard: Typical of Ash Jazz Bass' 70s-style is a maple fingerboard, and so Sire has chosen this proven combination for the V7 models. The maple fingerboard is glued to the one-piece bolt-on maple neck and neck along with the back of a transparent paint. In the fingerboard sit relatively narrow 20 frets, as they are known by Fender basses with vintage Bundierungen. When the head plate Sire designers have left their creativity run wild and designed a custom shape, but certainly fits the classic Fender look of V7 and still recalls the typical Fender headstock. Very much more scope there is not anyway if you do not want to be too radical. However unique is the rich text "Marcus Miller" on the headstock, which makes it clear who was instrumental in the development of the bass. The basic design of the V7 is broadly so nothing spectacular and is based, as in many other Jazz basses also the proven model.

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Neck

Maple neck and maple fingerboard

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Neck Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Head Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Detail Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test screws Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Front Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass test adjustment

In terms of hardware, the Marcus Miller bass but differs even more from the numerous Jazz Bass clones on the market. It can be found that is hardly other manufacturers, because a lot of the parts are designed and manufactured in-house. Sitting on the top plate four open tuners in vintage style and string retainer for the D and the G string. The Bridge on the body end is significantly more stable than a Fender-plate angle, the saddles are square and large and have properly grounded. In my test V7 the strings from the factory are normally suspended from the end of the bridge, but they can also choose to mount from the rear through the body. Such a "String-Through-Body" construction increases the pressure of the strings on the tabs and makes a rule for more sustain and a more even tone. Otherwise, the bridge has the normal setting for string height and intonation, but the string spacing can not be adjusted, it is set to 20mm.

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test headstock behind

Four open in vintage style tuners provide mood

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test headstock behind Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Bridge Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test strings Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test bridge Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test String through body

Let us now but the core of the brand new Sire Marcus Miller bass, the elaborate preamp and pickups - both also developed by Sire on their own and adjusts with Marcus Miller. At low bass pickups and preamp any existing offer big savings and correspondingly here often separates the wheat from the chaff. You may be curious what the Marcus Miller bass has to offer in this matter. The pickups in hot Sire "Marcus Super Jazz", these are logically to Jazz Bass typical single coils, which were installed at a distance of 9 cm apart. In jazz bass with the specifications of the 70s (ash body / maple fretboard) sits the bridge pickup usually an inch farther back, so the pickups have 10cm distance from each other. Sire has nevertheless decided the ash-V7 for the typical 60s Spacing, presumably in favor of a rounder and warmer sound.

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test pickups

The pickups in hot Sire "Marcus Super Jazz"

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test pickups Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Sire Jazz Bass Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Pickups test

With the preamp Sire goes into the full, the Marcus Miller V7 comes namely with an opulent 18-volt preamp with a 3-band EQ and passive tone control. The cockpit of the bass seems rather cluttered at first sight, because on the usual pot plate are five knobs and a small switch located. The first controller is a double potentiometer, which is responsible for the overall volume and tone control functions as in the lower part. The tone control works the way in active as well as passive mode - a great feature that has long does not offer any onboard preamp. This is followed by a pan controls to blend the two pickups and three control for the 3-band EQ. The controls for the middle there again in double-pot design. The lower part of the operating frequency is determined continuously between 200Hz and 1kHz, finally raised or lowered with the top that frequency by up to 14dB. The bass control packs at ultralow 20Hz and the heights to be fine-tuned at 10kHz - the equalizer is thus a super-wide range and with its variable mid band has a very specific control over the sound. But it's also passive: The preamp can also easily switch off and the V7 plays passively, the switch for this park also on the control panel between height and mid control. The electronics are located in a confined space under the Poti-plate and make a tidy impression that the solder joints are neat and everything is bolted stable. This is for the two 9-volt batteries logically no place that are housed in two separate compartments with snap closure on the back of the bass. So much first of all for the construction and equipment of jazz bass guitar from the Korean Forge, who has a lot to offer as measured by the price, especially in the hardware sector. Such a complex and flexible preamp in a 18 volt version for maximum headroom can be found in the otherwise rather boutique basses with big price tags. Also noteworthy is the high quality appearance and good workmanship of the entire instrument. Starting with the wooden structure on the painting to the hardware components when I can Sire V7 find any sloppiness and it certainly has the feeling to hold a much more expensive instrument in the hands.

Practice

In jazz bass with a ash body can be quite a tendency to obesity watch, especially the Fender originals from the 70s are partially heavy as lead. Although my Miller V7 is no featherweight, but with a moderate swamp ash body, he brings good manageable 4.2kg on the scales so it is within a reasonable range for a four-string Jazz Bass, I think. In addition, the balance of the instrument is truly outstanding. It depends in an ergonomically correct position on the body and can also play while sitting without disabilities - no trace of heaviness, known more commonly suffer at the fenderartige instruments. Also an important point when it comes to comfort and playability is the frets and the factory setting. Especially with cheap instruments is often sloppy here, the frets are poorly trained and do not allow pleasant string action without rattling; or the saddle is too high and the low registers therefore difficult to play. Sire moves in this discipline a perfect score, the frets is impeccable and the bone nut as deep as humanly possible filed without causing rattling noises when the open strings. I could see the string action even screw a flat track and pull the neck a little straighter. The adjusting screw is seated by the way the neck end and is easily accessible, the pickguard has a recess there, so you can operate freely. To set the Marcus Miller V7 plays in all situations such as butter, all playing techniques are easy to implement and the sound is all over his fretboard hum-free.

Impressive, but what about the sound? So that we can form a judgment about the pickups and the Marcus Miller Preamp Heritage, there are now some sound samples. To start with, offers a Passive to Active comparison. This means that you hear in the first instance with the bass preamp off, in the following with switched neutral preamp EQ setting, so that we can hear the preamp affects the sound.

Bass preamp off

In passive mode, the Marcus Miller V7 sounds quite like a typical Jazz Bass from the 70s. The pickups, however, provide a wide range of audio with an emphasis in the deep bass and high range, the centers get something in the background, but still provide enough definition and punch. I find that the house Sire pickups reproduce the sound quite faithfully, the glassy highs are easily heard and the Bold foundation is compact and crisp - an official, slightly modern jazz in the Super-direction revamped Jazz Bass tone.

Bass with switched neutral preamp EQ setting

Who do you turn on the preamp sound changes while not essential, but it's lost some momentum and the highs sound a track muted. A slight compression is quite even with very expensive preamps are not uncommon and I find that the sound is played amazingly natural and neutral with Sire preamp. There are also no noise or noise to hear a bass in this price range, the result is remarkable.

Next, we deal with the equalizer of the Sire V7 and studs us the variable mid band before. The center frequency of the controller can, as mentioned above, are selected in a range between 200 Hz and 1 kHz. In the following example audio you listen succession a boost at 200Hz, a boost in the central position at about 600Hz and finally at 1kHz. The mid control was there turned up in all the examples to about 75%.

All three examples sound great! The low mids boost pumps the sound untenrum neat to drone on without the bass sounds fat, round and warm. When boost in the middle and in higher centers of the sound is more aggressive and more focused, but not with annoying blaring or harsh frequencies.

In addition to these three settings of course there are many ways to shape the mid-range of the variable EQ is really a powerful tool sound and the sound quality convinced me all along the line.

In the next clip we hear the bass with a bass boost of about 30%, the middle, I also turned up at 1kHz slightly more than half. A bass control with such a deep center frequency of 20Hz I have never seen an onboard preamp, most usually around 40Hz. But when it works V7, the sound in the clip is pretty deep and rich, but comes despite the regular bass boost not from the track, not a roar and no Mud mixing. Another indication of the careful matching of the preamp.

Bass Sound with two PU

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Testklang

Only from the price to be classified in the budget range, the sound definitely plays in the 1st League

Jazz bass player dazzle like the rear pickup when virtuosic music is hip or the sound simply must be concise. For this example, I have completely blinded to the bridge pickup, the tone control turned down a track and raised the low mids at 200Hz to get the sound a little rounder. A great sound, Jaco moderately assertive, throaty, yet viable.

Bridge PU with low mids boost at 200 Hz

Then you can have the same attitude as a solo voice heard in a playback.

Solo with bridge PU in playback

What is allowed in the testing of a bass, the name "Marcus Miller" tall and broad is at on the headstock, missing no case? That's right, the slap sound. So I try my rudimentary skills and play a slap my default licks. You hear both pickups with a hefty boost the bass and treble using preamp. The V7 does not sound unmistakably Marcus Miller, my game, unfortunately, but that's another topic. I got the equalizer in the example used relatively cautious when something courageous turns on the bass and treble controls, and the upper mids to take something, you can fetch a premium Miller slap sound with thundering lows and crystal clear definition from the V7. The Sire preamp really covers a very broad frequency spectrum is super flexible and provides lots of practical sounds.

Slap sound with bass and treble boost

At the end you hear the Sire Marcus Miller V7 still in a playback with both pickups including subtle bass and midrange boost at 600 Hz.

Conclusion

The Sire Marcus Miller V7 is no budget bass, at the simple cost components were screwed together, but a coherent instrument, which one observes the same care in planning and implementation as the influence of Marcus Miller. He certainly knows exactly what is important for a bass and was apparently not too large relative to compromise sound quality and ready. The result of the co-Ready is a flexible instrument with excellent sound quality and a quality that would be good to face many times as expensive bass. Surprisingly good present themselves pickups and preamp - V7 sounds a passive class, but the preamp offers an additional range of sounds that I've heard, especially in this quality, nor in any budget bass. One can of course argue about whether a relatively complex preamp in an instrument that is also aimed at beginners who really makes sense. If you feel overwhelmed by the many regulators, the V7 plays passively, ie as a normal Jazz Bass with tone control, which even works without batteries. It remains finally to hope only that sire can deliver the quality of my test bass in mass production. If that is so, I can recommend the Marcus Miller V7 not only beginners but every bass player is highly in need of a versatile jazz bass at a sensational price.

PRO

Sound, quality and diversity

very good playability and ergonomics

very good preamp with EQ flexible

flawless workmanship

sensational value for money

CONTRA

None

Sire Marcus Miller V7 4-String Bass Test Marcus Miller Bass

A bass that is definitely worth to be tested

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Manufacturer: Sire Guitars

Model: Marcus Miller V7, Jazz Bass Active

Body: Swamp Ash, lacquered, off-set form, Pickguard Pearl Ivory

Neck: four-point screw, maple einstreifig, maple fretboard painted, 20 narrow frets, bone saddle, slim C-shape, white pearloid block inlays

Scale length: 34 ''

Pickups: Marcus Super Jazz Singlecoils

Electronics: Marcus Heritage -3, 19 volt, 3-band bass (20Hz), treble (10kHz), variable midrange (200Hz - 1kHz), respectively +/- 14dB, passive / active switch

Hardware: Marcus Big mass bridge, Premium Open-Gear Tuners, chrome

Accessories: Tool, covers for neck pickup

Weight: about 4.2kg

Price: 429,00 €

Редактирано от evernas
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 2 weeks later...

Аз също съм хвърлил око на баса. Някой може ли да обясни по-подробно каква е разликата между двата варианта (swamp ash with maple neck и другия). Иначе на мен като визия най-много ми хареса модела с цвят Antique White, но той е с палисандров фингърборд.

Благодаря предварително.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

^ Ето тук е най-читавото обяснение, което съм намирал (за себе си) - обърни внимание на Tone-O-Meter-а - той показва нюанса на звука при различните дървени материали...

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/options/bodywoodoptions.aspx

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 4 weeks later...

аз го поръчах миналата седмица ама не е наличен в момета та ще трябва да почакам.

Като хлапак мнооо ахках по джаз бас та реших да си сбъдна тая детска мечта ... а като четох рецензиите и гледам цената - суоер оферта ;)

Ще драсна като пристигне ...

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Няма как да е пристигнал... Количествата от първата партида буквално се изпариха за няколко седмици. Сега се чака нова доставка в Томан през юли (мисля)...

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 1 month later...

Аз поръчах  Swamp Ash натюр, 5-так още по-миналия месец. Нямаше наличности тогава, та си почаках едно 'убаво.

Много скоро очаквайте включване, обаче! Не обещавам категорично, но ще гледам и семпли да направя. :)

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Аз пуснах брада докато го чакаш този бас, пък за теб не знам. Дано дойде скоро, ще е интересно да се види на живо.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове