Българският форум за музиканти

Оборудване на известни(любими) басисти

Mephistofel

Това ще е тема,в която ще се постват линкове или директни описания на оборудването,което ползват наши любимци или известни басисти като цяло.Стимулира ме темата,която пусна разбойник за gear-a на Тим Камърфорд.

Предупреждавам,че изобщо няма да толерирам спам,офтопик,чатене и каквото и да било "замърсяване" - това означава,че освен редовното минаване на модераторския оранжев камион през темата,ще санкционирам редовните нарушители!

И така,нека дам началото с малко инфо за двама любими мои басисти:

Адам Нити (Adam Nitti) - тук.

adam_head.jpg

Тук едно интервю,има интересни работи и за оборудването му:

Цък.

И още едно:

Цък!

Джими Хаслип(Yellowjackets) Jimmy2.jpg

Equipment: For Live Performance I play and endorse MTD basses made in Woodstock, New York and Keith Roscoe basses made in Greensboro, North Carolina. . . . .

I use many different basses in the studio for recording: A Yamaha TRB 5-string fretted bass, a BB 1200s 8-string fretted bass, a Yamaha Acoustic 5 string bass, a Jim Tyler 5-string fretted bass, Tobias 5 & 6-string fretless', a Tobias 6-string fretted, a Moon 4-string fretted bass, a Reverand 4 string bass, an MTD 7-string fretled bass and a Keith Roscoe 7 string fretted bass as well.

I mainly use and endorse D’Addario Prisms.

I’ve also used Dean Markley, Super Round, Medium Light, SR 2000 strings.

For amplification I use and endorse SWR Engineering power amps and speaker cabinets. With the Yellowjackets, my usual setup is an SM 500 or an SM 750 power amp and either two Goliath Juniors with two 10 inch speakers in each cabinet or a Goliath 4x10 cabinet.

In the studio I usually just plug straight into a direct box (preferably a Cabletek Radial JDV box for achieving the ultimate warm/acoustic-like bass sound). Occasionally I will use an amp in the studio (mostly by request). So I will usually use an SWR Engineering Red Head Combo amp or a Baby Blue Combo amp. These amps have an extremely clean sound and a very strong, powerful punch for their size. A great recording amp for studio work!

Тук едно подобно интервю:

Цък.

jimmy_1.jpg

Очаквайте продължение! :)

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• Отговори 44
  • Created
  • Последен отговор

Top Posters In This Topic

Малка част от продължението:

doug250.jpg177612226_99617e9abe.jpg

Дъг Уимбиш (Doug Wimbish) - Living Colour

И малко снимки от концерта им в София преди няколко години,благодарности на YtseJam :) :

bass_rig_01.jpg

bass_rig_03.jpg

bass_rig_04.jpg

bass_rig_05.jpg

basses_03.jpg

Освен това баткото си ползва собствен signature model на Ibanez:

Цък!

Очаквайте продължение... :green:

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

031.jpgbilly_bio.jpg

Били Шиън (Billy Sheehan) - Mr.Big,Niacin,Steve Vai,Talas etc.

Цък!

Цък!

Този младеж също си има signature basses,при това два модела:

BEX-BS

ATT Limited II

082.jpg

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

VicSC_180.gifyybasses.jpg

Виктор Уутън (Victor Lemonte Wooten):

тук.

Интервю.

Wooten is most often seen playing Fodera basses, of which he has a signature model. His most famous Fodera, a 1983 Monarch Deluxe which he refers to as "number 1", sports a Kahler Tremolo System model 2400 bridge. Fodera's "Yin Yang" basses (designed/created for Wooten) incorporate the Yin Yang symbol - which Wooten often uses in various media - as a main focal point of the top's design and construction. It is often mistakenly thought that the Yin Yang symbol is painted onto the bass, but in reality, the symbol is created from two pieces of naturally finished wood (Ebony and Holly, for example), seamlessly fitted together to create the Yin-Yang pattern.

Though Wooten's beautiful and impressive basses receive much attention, his most frequent and consistent response when asked by his fans about which bass is best, etc. ..., is that "the bass makes no music ... you do". He'll often go on to state that the most important feature to look for in a bass is comfort of playability. This seems closely related to another fundamental truth about Wooten's stated approach to, and experience of bass and music in general, which is that music is a language. According to Wooten, when speaking or listening, we don't focus on the mouth as it is forming words; similarly, when a musician is playing or performing, the focus shouldn't be on the instrument.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Mr. Thunderthumb - Марк Кинг:

Скромно списъче на бившите му и настоящи басове.

Позволявам си да допълня поста на pacman,вярвам,че няма да ми се сърди - постъпвам така,за да не разпиляваме информацията за даден басист из цялата тема.

Time for the part we¹ve all been waiting for, a look at Mark¹s gear. In the level 42 days Mark was always seen with those huge Jaydees or Alembics. I noticed that he appeared to be playing Fender Jazzes these days but he soon put me right there. They are in fact the custom creations of Bernie Goodfellow.

Mark: Right now I'm breaking in a pair of new GB basses, made by Bernie Goodfellow. The pair I was using before were 'Fender' based, but these new basses are more.... well, just more really! They have thru' necks, which I always prefer, and Bernie¹s electronics are fab! The Lights-up-the-neck go bananas when I play fast, but Bernie says they're meant to!

While we¹re on the subject of Jazz basses, a few years ago Mark did a DIY de-fret on a Moon Jazz, something most of us non-luthiers would be very nervous about attempting, but Mark went for it.

Mark: I don't know about non-luthier, I'm Methodist I think...., anyway the removing of the frets was fine, and I needed a fretless - what are you gonna do?!

As far as amplification goes, Mark has been heavily featured in the Ashdown advertising campaign over the last year or so, showing off the huge 8x10 combo that they built for him. I was under the impression that this was a sponsorship deal but Mark was quick to correct me (again!).

Mark: I don't have sponsorships with any manufacturer, and NEVER have! I've used various makes of equipment over the years and have always made it clear to the manufacturers involved that I won't sign any exclusive contracts, so I never did! I exercise my right to use whatever I want, whenever I want. That said, Mark Gooday from Ashdown is an old pal from the Trace Elliot days, and when I was looking for a different approach sound wise for the 'One Man' stuff, he came up with an Ashdown rig which was perfect! Great warm bottom end, but here we are one year on and I'm checking out an Eden rig, courtesy of the Bass Centre (Cheers Barry and Alex!).¹

Mark’s sound has always been fairly free of effects, ‘But,’ he says, ‘I'm tempted to bring back a couple of old E1010 delay units, (old analogue Yamaha delays!), for a couple of the songs that I had used them on originally’.

И пак:

Well, many believe you rose to the occasion. So you still don't endorse any companies in particular? Why is that?

Well, because if I fancy using another bass or strings, that is entirely up to me. I have endorsed loads of things because I am using them at that time! And if the guys want me to do that, then that's fine.

I have never ever signed a contract with anyone. It has to be that if I change my mind in three weeks time, then that's just the way it goes.

So the endorsee best runs with it while it lasts, tossing out ads to make those sales as quick as the endorsement is accurate.

That's right, ´cos I might not be there later. Right now, I think Gibson pulled the plug on them, but I am still using Trace Elliot gear, because that's what I like to use! I could go to Eden or Glockenklang or SWR, or the Ashdown dudes (they are sort of friends of mine), and say "Yeah, fit me up with some big rig or something". But I can´t load myself down too much, because right now with this tour, I need that 80´s sound.

So are you back to Alembic´s then?

No, actually what I have done is gone the pre-Alembic route. I am using some basses that I co-designed with Rob Green of Status Graphite called the King Bass. (At that point Mark flys out the room and returns with two basses. He points to the nut end of the neck, where between the nut itself and the string lock there is a hollowed out and extended area.) It´s called a ´Bend Well´. (He hits a string and indents the string. The pitch climbs about two full tones. As well, the machine heads are at the other end.)

But is it good for staying in pitch?

Mark King with Status BassOh, it´s great! It allows me to tune while I´m working. You don't always have the luxury, when fronting a band, to stop and reach down to the headstock and tune it up. So you want something that is really stable. It has a graphite through-neck as well. (He hands it to me...the action is incredibly low with no perceptible fret rattle.) It´s still very light and very lively, isn´t it?

Do you ever just head into a music instrument shop, just to see what they have got in stock?

No, I haven´t really. I guess I have just been really spoiled, with having the Alembics, the Jay Dees and the Status´ basses there just sort of always there in the house.

On this bass here, can you tell me a bit about the artwork?

Well, that's the Princess, the logo from the very first Level 42 album. Rob (Green) asked me what I would like to do to one of the three basses he gave me that would make it personal.

king1.jpgkingsing.jpg

Редактирано от Mephistofel
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Stuart Zender, свирил с Jamiroquai в първите им 3 албума

Paul Turner, настоящия басист на Jamiroquai ->Описал е техниката си в частта "About Playing Bass, Technical “Stuff” and Equipment"

Редактирано от airborne
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 2 weeks later...

live3.jpg

Стив ДиДжорджио ( Steve DiGiorgio )

Ай,че се заиграх много с джаз,фюжън и рок любимците,та да мина към по-"тежките" измерения:

Цък!

Очакавайте продължение... :green:

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Michael Balzary (Flea)

Eто тук можете да прочетете поваче за не безизвестния басист на Ред Хот Чили Пепър ;)

Редактирано от saiman
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Хубаво е като се захванете с даден басист да се потърси повечко инфо,все пак.

Още малко за Flea:

Цък!

Цък!

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 2 months later...

Покрай концерта на Al Di Meola се сетих за единствения и неповторим Anthony Jackson. За тези, които не им е познато името - институция в нашия инструмент, записвал с кого ли не, с огромни познания в областта на електрониката и маниакални изисквания към оборудването си.

Последните години свири на 6 струнна Fodera. Инструментите му по правило са с изключително голямо разстояние м/у грифа и струните, с по-дълга мензура от 34 инча, а струните се сменят кхм, честичко - по два-три пъти на вечер :unsure:

За финал на представянето давам два линка:

Anthony Jackson Tribute Page

Вижте и това видео - струва си, дори човек да не е фен на този тип музика:

michel camile, horacio hernandez, anthony jackson - live

И сега за оборудването.

Бас:

Fodera Contrabass Guitar

"Бас комбо" :cheers::):)

http://www.meyersound.com/news/2006/anthony_jackson/

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 1 month later...

Малко я бях занемарил тази тема...

sh020.jpg

Стю Хем (Stewart/Stu Hamm) - свирил с Joe Satriani,Steve Vai,Frank Gambale,Ritchie Kotzen.След споменатите имена,мисля,че няма и място за съмнение какъв музикант е. :unsure:

И сега:

Цък!

Цък!

Цък!

Fender Stu Hamm Urge II Bass

Kubicki Basses

Приятно четене,очкавайте продължение... :green:

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

bow down to the queen of noise-KIM GORDON-Sonic Youth

bass02b.jpg

^^ в края на 80-те с Овейшън Магнум

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(some of the) BASSES:

# BC Rich

# Fender Jazz Bass

# Fender Musicmaster (bull)

# Fender Musicmaster (yellow)

# Fender P-Bass (black)

# Fender P-Bass (blue)

# Fender P-Bass (cream)

# Fender P-Bass (sunburst)

# Fender P-Bass (yellow)

# Fender P-Bass (yellow '99)

# Gibson EB-0

# Gibson EB-2

# Gibson Ripper

# Gibson Thunderbird

# Musicmaster

# Ovation Magnum I

# Rickenbacker

# Snoopy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AMPS:

# Marshall Jubilee Bass Series head w/ Dietz 2x15 cabinet

# MESA/Boogie Bass 400+ head w/ a 4x12 guitar bottom & 1x18 cab

(Cabs miked for recording of "Dirty", w/ clean D.I. from bass to board)

# MESA/Boogie amp + some tube direct box

# MESA/Boogie Bass 400+ head w/ a 4x10 guitar bottom & 1x18 cab

# Peavey Rockmaster thru 2 Fender 2x12 cabs

# Ampeg SVT-4 Pro Head w/ 8x10" Ampeg cab

# Fender Twin Reverb (for ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES -- band didn't want to bring full amp rigs across the country for one gig)

# Ampeg head & cab (w/ Kissability tambourine on top)

# Peavey Rockmaster head w/ Fender cabs

--------------------------------------------------------

EFFECTS:

# Aria MP5 Metal Pedal

# Dunlop Crybaby Wah

# Proco Turbo Rat

# Crybaby Wah

# Proco Turbo Rat

# Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave Fuzz for 100%, Theresa, Stalker...

# Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes

# Proco Rat

# tc electronics Phase Shifter

# MXR Blue Box

# Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Octave Fuzz

# Arion Stage Tuner

# D.I. box

# Dyna Soar homemade distortion

# Blue Box, tc electronics Phaser, Dyna Soar, Hendrix Octave Fuzz, Turbo Rat

# Dyna Soar & Hendrix Octave Fuzz

# Turbo Rat

# Hot Tubes, DI Box, Arion Stage Tuner

# MXR Blue Box

# MXR Phase 90

# ProCo Turbo Rat

# Electro Harmonix Micro Synth (re-issue)

# Dyna Soar Distortion Pedal (see "other")

# Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

# Moogerfooger 12-stage Phaser w/ expression pedal

# Electro-Harmonix Micro-Synthesizer

# Pro-Co Turbo Rat

# DI box

# Ernie Ball Volume Pedal

# Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

# @ The Toy Beatbox -- on "Tokyo Eye", Kim played a toy beatbox thru her bass pick-up, varying the sound effects throughout the song.

# Dyna Soar distortion pedal -- this small homemade fuzzbox was reportedly loud enough to blow up an amplifier, so Kim began using it as a slide on songs like "Anagrama" and "Wildflower".

# Slide -- used on bass for parts of "JC"

снимки, пускам ги като линкове, защото са fairly large:

ampeg

fender, peavey

Sonic Youth Gearography-пълна лудница!

Редактирано от thurston
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 1 month later...

Един музикант, с чието творчество започнах да се запознавам по-обстойно отскоро: Carles Benavent.

Свирил с Chick Corea, Paco de Lucia, Miles Davis; интригуващи солови албуми.

carles_r8_c2.jpg

Използва:

Този уникален, полуакустичен бас на Jerzy Drozd

също и този (явно е фен на полуакустичните инструменти)

както и Jazz Bass.

Усилватели - EBS: 1, 2.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 2 months later...

John Myung-Dream Theater

dream_theater_p2005_005.jpg

Guitars:

Yamaha signature bass RBX6JM (Turqouise Blue,Ruby Red)

yamaha_rbx6jm.jpg

Yamaha signature bass RBX6JM-2(Inca Silver,Plum Pearl Metallic)

yamaha_rbx_jm2.jpg

Chapmann's Stick-Grand Stick(12 strings)

ymstick5B15D.jpg

Tung bass

8964338.jpg

Amps and preamps:

Demeter HBP-1 preamps, a Demeter VTDB-2B mono tube direct box, Demeter HXC-1 optical compressor, Ashdown ABM RPM-1 EVO II preamp and ABM APM 1000 Evo II power amp, a Pearce BC-1 preamp, Framptone 3-Banger (for switching between preamps and their different settings) and Mesa Big Block 750 amplifier

Effects:

Eventide DSP4000 Ultra-Harmonizer for chorus, harmonization, and time-based effects

Редактирано от drummer_93
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове